Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Marriage Monday...

We all have many tests in our marriages that try our patience and understanding with our spouse but my biggest one I think came about 2 months ago when my husband broke his foot.
 
He was doing a PT (physical test) assessment at work and they were having everyone do the vertical jump (jumping from a standing position to see how high you could reach). Well, when he came down his right ankle turned and went under causing a jones fracture (break) of his 5th metatarsel, in lamens terms this broke his pinky bone on his foot.
 
I was on my way to my Friday women's bible study, "Created to be his helpmeet", (how fitting for this situation) when he called and nonchalantly said, "I wanted to let you know I broke my foot and I'm at the ER."
 
First of all, I was shocked at how calm he was (later I found out it was the Dilaudid, lol). So my first thought was a selfish one I admit, "How am I going to do this with two kids?" "What is this going to do for my schedule and routine of our day?"..............I then heard a small but powerful voice say, "STOP.....THIS IS WHAT I MADE YOU FOR"....right there I had to humble myself...this is what I had been studying at my women's bible study, this is what I was supposed to be doing, taking care of my husband, how was this situation any different than anything else?
 
 
He was pretty much immobilized for around a month and my daughter and I had to wait on him hand and foot (no pun intended, LOL)......he loves that one! But as bad as I thought it was going to be, that is how good it was. God showed each of us a new side of each other. We were able to sit down more as a family and watch game shows (which was lots of fun), we talked A LOT, we had biblical conversations between the two of us at night and even family discussions with our daughter. It brought us back to a place we hadn't been in a long time. It gave him a chance to see all I do at home during the day when he is not there, he really was like a fly on the wall, and he appreciated it that much more. It gave me a chance to let go of my routine and realize that sometimes you have to just "STOP" and get back into your marriage and love on your spouse with time, compassion, and be willing to serve them.
 
Ladies, in serving our husbands and even our children, we serve the Lord Our God. He created us to have a servants heart....it's hard sometimes but we need to pray and be in God's Word everyday asking Him to graciously give us that servants heart that we desire and that He so much wants us to have! The Great Creator of our being made us just for that and He is standing beside of us ALL THE WAY!!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment