Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

Better..i

I want to give up.

I'm not going to lie to you, sometimes that thought enters my brain.....and probably more often than it should. Often times throughout the day I am not the mom I should be and I am not the mom I know I can be. The kids are screaming at each other, the baby is crying, my husband is late from work, dinner is burned, laundry is still piled up, the living room looks like the roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote had a wrestling match in it and MY looks leave much to be desired. So I beat myself up over and over again....and for what?  I fall asleep at night wondering, "What could I have done better?"

God's Word says, "the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning" (Lamentations 3:22-23) Every day is a new day for us to make it better. To BE better. Better moms, better wives, better friends, better Christians, better people! Pull up your boot straps and be better than you were yesterday. Don't give up. Jesus already knows what you are capable of, you just need to call on Him to help you recognize it yourself! 

So, tonight as you lay your head down on your pillow, know that your slate is wiped clean for tomorrow's chance to be better, close your eyes and fall asleep to the sound of God's grace welcoming a brand new day full of mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment