Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Are you listening...?

So...I'm gonna be honest with you, yesterday was hard....really hard. I overslept, kids ate poptarts for  breakfast, we rushed through school, had errands to run, blah, blah, blah. My day ended with me running into the house with a diarrhea covered carseat and baby in tow.....does this sound familiar to anyone else or is it just me?
As I leaned over the bathtub to give my sweet baby a head to toe washdown, the tears began to flow from my eyes as I thought to myself, "Am I a horrible mom?, what happened today?, why is this so hard sometimes?"
Yesterday was a fail! Have you ever felt this way? Are you a weary momma? Well, pull up a chair and lend me your ear because I want to tell you something...are you listening?....

STOP AND BREATHE

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, "Come all who are weary and I will give you rest". REST!!!! Did you hear that, I'm not even sure I know what that word means anymore, but guess what? Jesus does and He has promised to give it to us, if we just come to Him. Come to Him with our burdens, our sorrows, our fears, our failures, our worries and our shortcomings. He already knows it all anyways He just wants you to bring it to Him. You know how it feels when you talk to your best friend over coffee, He is that best friend! He wants you to talk to Him, day or night, in the car, in the shower, wherever you can because He is always there, always awake and always listening...and He wants to tell you something too!

Right now as I sit hours later, holding my now clean and sleeping baby, He is telling me,"I love you my sweet daughter, lay your head down on my shoulder, tell me your troubles, it's been a hard day I know but my mercies are new every morning, so rest now my precious child and remember I made you, so stop trying so hard to make everything perfect, just be you and I will take it from there". That is what He is telling me........

What is He telling you and are you willing to listen?

3 comments:

  1. Popping over to say "hi!" from Sweet Pea Families. I love "meeting" other like-minded mamas on the internet. Remembering to rest was a huge blessing last year...Adding breath to my day is a theme for me this year, too!! Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sweet Pea Families ;) Im so glad you stopped by. Yes, I am going to make it a point to stop and breathe this year, as hard as it seems...we must in order to recharge ourselves...take care of yourself so you can take care of them! God Bless and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete